11 Best Credit Cards In India 2018: Review
Looking for “Best Credit Cards in India” you have landed on the right page that will surely help you decide amongst the various “Credit cards in India” and choose the best for yourself.
Stay tuned and keep reading further to have deeper insights on ” 11 Best Credit Cards in India “
India is heading towards a cashless economy or we should say a Digital economy. “Demonetisation” has been a massive step taken in this regard by the Government to lead the country on the path of “digitisation”. However, it may take some time in this conversion, the foundation has already been laid. And, if things go in the desired manner, we might get to see a new ” Digital India” in the year 2018.
Now, how can you do cashless payments? What are the various modes for doing cashless transactions?
Simply stated, Cashless payments can be done through any of the following modes like : Cheque, Demand draft, Electronic transfer of funds : NEFT or RTGS, UPI Apps, E-Wallets, Mobile Wallets, Credit Cards, AADHAR Enabled Payment System.
Through this blog we shall be discussing about one such cashless mode of making payment : CREDIT CARDS IN INDIA !
This post contains affiliate links, you will get some really exciting deals on different products and we might earn a small commission if you purchase (of course, at no additional cost to you).
We all love using credit cards, especially after the recent ” Demonetisation” drive, an increasing trend has been seen in the no. of credit card payments.
But, few things that worry us are: Which credit card to choose? Which are the best credit cards in India? How to select the best credit card for yourself? You tend to get confused, when it comes to taking a decision regarding selecting a credit card.
Now, depending upon your usage and the benefits being offered, you can make your choice from the massive list of “Best credit cards in India “.
Happy customers and their valuable feedback has been a major criteria of our review. Of course personal usage of few of them has also been the basis of our review. We have divided the list into 4 categories:
- Best Credit Cards in India with No Joining Fee & No Annual Fee.
- Best Credit Cards in India for Shopping.
- Best Credit Cards in India for Cashback & Rewards.
- Best Credit Cards in India for Travel.
- Best Credit Cards in India for Utility Bills.
11 Best Credit Cards in India 2018 Review:
We have done a thorough research on the plethora of credit card options available in India. We shall give you an idea on the different credit cards available and general unbiased views based on our experiences, comparisons and feedback from some customers.
The common ones and favourites of most of the users, that emerge as clear winners and indeed a massive list has been discussed in detail below:
An Overview :
Best Credit Cards in India: No Joining fee and No Annual Fee
1. Citibank Rewards Credit Card: It has no Joining fee so this one again qualifies in this category of best credit cards. Isn’t that Great! You also get annual fee waiver if your spending>= Rs.30000 during the year. Even a common man is likely to incur around Rs.30000 during the year, so you can easily avail the annual fee waiver benefit. If you get the annual fee waived off, that you surely can, this also turns out to be almost a free credit card.
2. Standard Chartered Platinum Rewards Credit Card: A card that tops this category and is a preferred choice amongst credit card users. It has a nominal joining fee and annual fee of Rs.250 only, if you apply online for this card. You can get the annual fee reversed easily.
3. ICICI Platinum Chip Credit Card: If you apply online for this credit card, you can get a joining fee as well as renewal fee waiver. So,you can avail the Lifetime Free ICICI Platinum Chip Credit card from a renowned name ICICI that too with instant approvals and in a hassle free manner. Now,that sounds really cool!
Best Credit Cards in India for Shopping:
1. SBI Simply Click Credit Card: Loaded with some great offers on dining,movies and other spends plus good cashback and rewards too. You need to check this one as well. SBI is a big name in the banking sector and getting your credit card from SBI shall really be a favourable deal. What are you waiting for?
2. Citibank Rewards Credit card: Good for online shopping freaks like me! The complete details have been discussed below. No joining fee! You can enjoy annual fee waiver also if Annual spending > Rs.30000 plus a bunch of rewards at various departmental and apparel stores, dining outlets and restaurants.
Now, let us discuss, the Best Credit Cards in India one by one in detail to make it easy for you to decide the right credit card for yourself.
Detailed Review :
Best Credit cards with No annual fee and No Joining Fee:
This is a very good alternative for salaried people who look for nominal and easy to use free credit cards with very less annual fees.
Key Benefits :
- If you apply online, there joining fee is just Rs.250 only. The annual fee for this card shall be reversed if you make a transaction within 90 days after it’s levied. This is the biggest attraction for getting this credit card.
- You tend to earn 5 reward points for every Rs.150 spent at dining outlets.
- 5 reward points for every Rs.150 spent on fuel.
- Earn 1 reward point for every Rs.150 spent on other categories.
- You can also enjoy 20% cashback on Uber rides (maximum of Rs.600 per month).
There is a whole lot of special cashback offers and additional reward points well, if you make payments through this credit card. If you are a salaried employee its quite easy for you to get this credit card. A free card that too with a lot of benefits.
2. ICICI Bank Platinum Chip Credit Card:
This is a popular credit card offered by ICICI, a common choice for salaried individuals and first time credit card users. If you apply online, you can grab the Lifetime Free Platinum chip credit card offer, really a good one not to be missed out.
Key Benefits :
- A lifetime free credit card i.e.you don’t have to pay any fee at the time of application.There is no annual fee as well.
- Earn 2 payback points on every Rs.100 spent for retail purchases.
- 15% saving on dining bills at participating restaurants all over India.
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver on fuel purchase of maximum Rs.4000 at HPCL petrol stations.
- An embedded microchip for extra security while doing transactions.
Best Credit Cards in India for Shopping:
3. Citibank Rewards Credit Card:
Citibank Rewards Credit Card, as the name suggests, is a credit card that is good at offering reward points that can be redeemed easily for exciting gift vouchers and other offers as available.
Key Benefits :
- Citibank Rewards Credit Card has no joining fee. This is an attractive offer for any credit card user.
- If your annual spending >=Rs.30000 then you can get the annual fee waiver as well. Otherwise, the annual fee is Rs.1000 only.
- You earn 10 reward points for every Rs.125 that you spend on apparel and departmental stores. You can also pay with your reward points while shopping both at 700+ outlets and e-shopping sites also.
- You earn 1 reward point for every Rs.125 on all other purchases that you make.
- You can also avail .75% fuel surcharge waiver for the fuel purchase that you make through your Citibank Rewards Credit Card.
- Citibank Rewards card is an international credit card that can be used globally i.e. in India and abroad.
This indeed has some really great benefits to offer you. A good credit card offering a whole range of reward points plus the Nil joining fee accompanied by annual fee waiver is an added advantage on this credit card.
An ideal card for Online Shopping. This card has its main focus on e-commerce and offers numerous benefits and rewards to the online shoppers. So,if you are an online shopping freak, you make the best use of this credit card to fill your online shopping basket.
- Annual fee : The joining fee is Rs.499 only and the annual fee is also Rs.499 only from 2nd year onwards.
- You get to enjoy 10X rewards on online spends with exclusive partners like Amazon, BookMyShow, Cleartrip, Foodpanda, Ola Cabs,Fabfurnish, Zoomcar etc. (A whole lot of attractive offers for you ).
- You also earn 5X rewards on all other online shopping.
- If annual spending exceeds Rs.1 lakh, the annual fee of Rs.499 gets waived off.
- An additional benefit in the form of Amazon gift voucher worth Rs.500.
- 2.5% waiver of fuel surcharge on transaction between Rs.500 and Rs.3000.
This seems to be a good credit card for the ones who love shopping online. If you have it, enjoy saving some money thereon through reward points and gift vouchers.
Best Credit Cards for Cashback and Rewards:
*Standard Chartered Platinum Rewards Credit Card:
The details have already been discussed under the category Best credit cards with “No annual fee and no joining fee” above.
5. Citibank Cashback Credit Card:
This is a good credit card for earning cashback rewards and paying utility bills online.Some benefits in store for movie freaks as well.
Key Benefits :
- Annual fee is Rs.500 only.
- If you love watching movies frequently,this can give you 5% Cash Back on movie ticket purchases.
- You get 5% cash back on your utility bill payments like electricity bills.
- You get 5% cash back on telephone payments.
- 0.5% cash back on other amount spent.
- Please note that cash back is restricted to Rs.100 per month for each category mentioned above.
But, its not so easy to get this card issued. You need to have a good credit history to get your Citibank credit card approved. But, once you get it, you are all set to enjoy the various benefits like cash back and easy bill payment facility.
6. American Express MakeMyTrip Credit Card:
American Express or Amex MakeMyTrip credit card comes packed with multiple rewards and privileges that can be in the form of Payback points, cashback or vouchers.The name itself signifies that you are likely to enjoy certain MakeMytrip offers.However, looking at the benefits and rewards spending a nominal fee doesn’t hurt provided you avail the maximum benefits.
Key Benefits :
- The first year fee of this credit card is Rs.750.The annual fee second year onwards is RS.1500 only.
- You can earn 2 PAYBACK Points on every Rs.100 that you spend upto a total of 5 PAYBACK Points for every Rs. 100 that you spend on MakeMyTrip.
- You also enjoy multiple PAYBACK Points across more than 50 PAYBACK partners.
You also get 3% cashback at leading fuel stations through your AMEX card.
- You can enjoy 5% cashback on the MakeMyTrip bookings that you do through your AMEX credit card.
- You also get limited period offers like 70% cashback on your hotel bookings till 30th September 2017.
- Certain additional offers also prevail like you get a MakeMyTrip voucher worth Rs.2,000 if you on spend Rs. 1.25 lacs and an additional MakeMyTrip voucher worth Rs.5,000 if you spend Rs.2.5 lacs during the year.
This might be a good fit for the ones who wish to earn great cashback plus are fond of travelling since there are a lot of payback offers and travel,hotel bookings vouchers that you get from time to time.
Standard Chartered Manhattan Platinum Credit Card is a good option with great cashback offers and reward points.
This credit card is good for Shopping/Dining out/grocery purchase and earning cash back and reward points as well.
In our survey, we found that a lot of customers are fond of this card.What is is so special about it ? Let us analyse the benefits and other details.
Key Benefits :
- Annual fee : The annual fee for Year 1 is Rs.499 only and the annual fee for year 2 onwards is Rs.999 only. But,if you spend in excess of Rs.30000, you shall get a joining fee waiver as well, as we got feedback from few customers.
- 5% cashback on shopping in supermarkets and departmental stores : We all need to spend a good amount on groceries every month. Here,is a major plus point, you get 5% cashback if you shop for groceries from stores like Reliance fresh, Big Bazaar, More, Food Bazaar etc. After all you might have heard “A penny saved is a penny earned “ right.
- Reward Points : 5x Reward points when you spend on paying hotel bills,dining,airline tickets and fuel bills.
- Other Cashback : Everybody loves getting a cashback on your purchases. You can earn upto Rs.500 cashback monthly restricted to Rs.150 per transaction.But,wait…firstly you will have to make a purchase of minimum Rs.1000 for availing this cashback facility.
- Other Convenient payment options.
This might be a good option for salaried class, small traders, housewives and people who love spending a lot on groceries and dining out frequently. It is good for people whose annual spending is Rs.1 – 2 lakhs.
Best Credit Cards for Travel:
*American Express MakeMyTrip Credit Card:
Amex Makemytrip credit card is not only good for earning rewards and payback points but also gives you exciting Welcome offers/ discounts/vouchers through MakeMyTrip. You get to enjoy the welcome gifts that are in the form of MakeMyTrip Vouchers.
Further you also earn 5% cashback on your MakeMyTrip bookings. Rest of the details of Amex credit card have already been elaborated above.
8. Yatra SBI Credit Card:
This credit card is good for Travel and Utility Bill payments as well. The holiday season is on, you must have at least one travel credit card in your pocket.
Now, this one card seems to serve good for regular travellers since you have some great offers at Yatra.com if you use your credit card to book tickets.
Key Benefits :
- Annual fee : Rs.499 joining fee and Rs.499 from year 2 onwards.
- Finance charges or Interest of maximum 3.35% per month from transaction date.This amounts to 40.2% per annum.
- You receive a Welcome gift of Yatra.com vouchers worth Rs.8250. Isn’t that amazing ! If you are a travel freak you will definitely enjoy this offer.
- The annual fee gets waived off if your annual spending exceeds Rs.90000.
- You also get 6x reward points at Yatra.com, departmental and grocery stores.
- Additional 6x bonus points on base fare at yatra.com
- 2.5% waiver of fuel surcharge on transaction between Rs.500 and Rs.3000
- But,maximum surcharge that is waived is Rs.100 per month only.
- This is internationally acceptable and can be used worldwide with much ease.
- You can pay your utility bills on time by using the “Easy Bill Pay” facility.
So,the frequent travellers or the ones who keep on travelling a lot officially or personally on vacations, this might be the ideal choice for you.
9. Citibank Premier miles Card:
This is one credit card for the frequent flyers. You earn miles on the amount you spend and redeem them for your flights,hotel stays and car rentals.
Key Benefits :
- Annual fee : The annual fee is Rs.3000 billed in the first month statement.
- Interest rate ranges between 37.20% to 42% per annum based on different parameters like amount spent,credit limit used and repayment patterns etc.
- You earn 10,000 miles with your first spend of Rs.1,000 or more within 60 days of Card issuance
- You earn 10 miles for every Rs.100 that you spend on your airline transactions.
- You earn 10 miles for every Rs.100 spent on premiermiles.co.in and with other selected partners.
- You can redeem your miles at over 100 airlines both domestic as well as international.
- 100 miles = Rs.45 with preferred partners like goibibo.com, yatra.com, Indigo.
- If you fly domestic or international, you can enjoy to participating premier Airport lounges across India.
If you are fond of travelling and can afford to pay a high annual fee, this might be a perfect fit for your wallet. This might suit the ones whose annual travel cost ranges from Rs.2-3 lakhs.
10. SBI IRCTC Platinum Credit Card :
The name itself primarily reflects this one as a travel credit card.This SBI IRCTC Platinum Credit card offers some great rewards and offers for the frequent rail travellers.
Key Benefits :
- The joining fee is Rs.500 only. The annual fee is Rs.300 only that seems to be quite reasonable looking at the overall benefits.
- You get a welcome bonus in the form of reward points and cashback offer as well.
- You can earn upto 10% value back as reward points on rail tickets booked from irctc.co.in plus a transaction fee discount is also available while rail booking.
- A 2.5% fuel surcharge waiver is also available for transactions of Rs.500 to Rs.3000 at different petrol pumps subject to Rs.100 maximum discount per credit cycle.
- A complimentary insurance cover is also provided while travelling on a valid rail ticket.
This card is specifically designed to cater to the needs of persons travelling through railways since it comes with a bulk of rewards on rail bookings.
Best Credit Cards in India for paying Utility Bills:
11. SBI Gold Credit Card:
This is a good card for paying your electricity, mobile, telephone and other utility bills and insurance through the “Easy Bill Pay” facility.You will get to access easy features like autopay and fast pay to help you clear your utility bills on timely basis.
Key Benefits :
- Annual fee : The joining fee is Rs.299 and the annual fee also amounts to Rs.299.
- Interest is charged @ 3.35% per month that amounts to 40.2% annualized.
- Flexipay gives you the facility to make payments in instalments on monthly basis.
- This is accepted worldwide and can be used at millions of outlets.
- Easy booking of railway and airline tickets.
This card is truly designed to meet your utility needs. There are not many rewards attached to it,but the other benefits attached make it an attractive option.
* Citibank Cashback Credit Card:
This is a good credit card not only for earning cashback and rewards but also for paying utility bills online. The benefits and features of this credit card have already been discussed in detail above.
You can also have a look at our review on Best Citibank Credit cards India
* Yatra SBI Credit Card:
Yatra SBI Credit card is also good for paying utility bills.The key benefits of this card have already been discussed in detail above. So,Yatra SBI Credit card is also a good option to meet your utility bills like electricity,mobile and telephone etc.
You need to be very cautious and study each and every credit card offer carefully before opting for any one.
The annual fee and charges may vary due to certain promotional offers or other reasons. Kindly check the same while applying for a credit card with the respective banks/companies.
You should have a stable source of income to get yourself a good credit card. Banks normally check your credibility and financial background before issuing you credit card of your choice.
If you are found eligible, you are easily issued the credit card of your choice. You can anyways work upon improving your credit score to get the “Best credit card in India” that suits your needs.
A Final Note:
You might be familiar with this saying that ” Excess of anything is not good “. So,don’t just unnecessarily overflow your wallet with a number of credit cards getting attracted by the special offers they provide.
Don’t make excessive use of your credit cards. Use them only as and when necessary and avoid creating any extra debts for yourself. Excess usage shall only add to your financial burden.
The credit card interest rate is usually high, so avoid any credit card debts by your side. Clear your credit card bills on timely basis so as to make yourself free from any financial debts and live a financially free life!
Just keep in mind that, you need to be cautious while choosing a credit card for yourself. Maintain a good CIBIL Score to avail the best offers. Take an informed decision after analysing all the features and benefits the credit card shall offer you. Focus on important areas like annual fee and interest rate for taking a good decision.
Hence, based on your usage and priorities like shopping online or shopping in the market/malls, for travel or for utility payments, to get attractive cashback offers and so on. Checkout, Why are you exactly looking for a credit card? See to it and choose the credit card that perfectly suits you.
Which credit card you have got for yourself ? Do share the benefits and drawbacks of the credit card that you are using.Your valuable experiences and genuine feedback shall be of great help to our readers.
Some of the great and unbiased responses that you give in the comment section below shall be included in our blog post itself.
The details are on “as is” basis collected from the respective credit card websites. There might be changes in the features and benefits of different credit cards from time to time. Please check all the Terms and conditions (T&C) carefully with the respective banks/companies before applying for any of the best credit cards in India.https://fintrakk.com/best-credit-cards-in-india-review/https://fintrakk.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Best-credit-cards-in-India.pnghttps://fintrakk.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Best-credit-cards-in-India.pngCredit CardsFinancebest credit card,best credit card in india,best credit card India,best credit cards,best credit cards in 2017,best credit cards in india,credit card india,credit cards in india,top credit cards in indiaLooking for 'Best Credit Cards in India' you have landed on the right page that will surely help you decide amongst the various 'Credit cards in India' and choose the best for yourself. Stay tuned and keep reading further to have deeper insights on ' 11 Best Credit Cards in India...admin firstname.lastname@example.orgAdministratorFintrakk