Through this blog, we shall be sharing with you an exclusive list of some of the Top Business Schools in India or as we commonly say Top B-Schools in India. So, if you are looking for the Best Business Schools or B-schools in India, your search probably ends here.
After reading this, you will get to know about the Top 10 B-Schools in India plus a few more to add upon to the list of best business schools in India.
Business Schools in India
“Business Schools” as the name implies are the educational institutions that offer a range of business programs, courses or degrees to choose from. A business school might offer a whole set of management programs, but they are primarily known for the MBA programs or Master of Business Administration Programs.
Every year thousands of students get into the race of pursuing specialised management courses. This applies especially to the MBA aspirants who want to grab an opportunity in one of the top business schools in India. Getting into the top B-schools is not an easy task, only few lucky ones out of the whole lot make it to the top.
Business Schools in India: Which one to choose?
There are a huge number of Business Schools spread across the country. Which one you are eligible for? Which Business school should you apply and if selected which should you join? These are the questions that worry students time and again.
Simply stating, its a tough choice to make when it comes to selecting the right educational institution for yourself. There are various crucial factors that need to be considered while making the perfect choice.
Your decision shall be mainly based upon 4 important things:
- Your Ability: This includes your academic performance as well as your aptitude.
- Your Entrance Score: The cut-off percentile of the institution and your actual score are the key indicators.
- Your background: Academic as well as financial background matters here. You need to spend a considerable amount of money while studying in the Top business schools. So, fee structure also plays an important role here. However,once you get through the placement drive after completing your course, the salary figures shall itself reflect the quality of returns you get.
- Your career objectives: What you actually want to achieve in the long term by joining the best B-School? and What are your career dreams that you want to fulfil in the long run?
Besides the above points, there are few other parameters like:
These factors surely help in deciding the best business school for yourself.
Once you have an answer to the above queries, you can well analyse where you presently stand. You know in which direction you want to move ahead for building a successful career base. The individual choice may vary from person to person based on his own requirements.
You may also like to have a look at : Best Distance Education University in India !
No doubt, the placements and the high salary packages that are offered to the Top B-school students are too attractive. In fact, these play a pivotal role and attract students from all over. However, salary should not be the sole criteria. The various opportunities, advantages, individual growth and top managerial roles that one gets to perform after pursuing a course from these top B-schools is also of prime importance.
You may also like: BMS Course or Bachelor of Management Studies: Eligibility & Scope
Here, we have compiled an exclusive list of some of the Top Business Schools for you to checkout. Read through to lay the foundation stone for a great career ahead.
Top 10 B-Schools or Business Schools in India
- Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad ( IIMA )
- Indian Institute of Management Calcutta or ( IIMC )
- XLRI Xavier Institute of Management, Jamshedpur
- Faculty of Management Studies (FMS), Delhi
- Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode ( IIMK )
- Indian Institute of Management Indore (IIMI )
- S.P.Jain Institute of Management & Research ( SPJIMR ),Mumbai
- Management Development Institute (MDI ), Gurgaon
- Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT ), New Delhi
- International Management Institute (IMI ), New Delhi
The ranking may slightly differ based on different criteria taken for this purpose. We have covered some of the popular names that rank as India’s Top B-Schools.
You may also like: 9 Best Courses to pursue after 12th Commerce
Other Best Business Schools in India:
- Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIMB)
- National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE), Mumbai
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS), Mumbai
- Institute of Management Technology (IMT),Ghaziabad
- Department of Management Studies, Indian Institute of Technology,Delhi (IITD)
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management (SIBM), Pune
- Xavier Institute of Management Bhubaneswar (XIMB)
If you want to enhance your business knowledge, this list of business books might come handy: 21 Best Business Books to read
This was our list of some of the top Business Schools in India. Did we miss out any important name here? If you have any other top business school to add to the list above, do share in the comment section below. Feel free to share your valuable feedback and any opinions thereon.