Have you heard of HDFC MoneyBack Credit card? A popular credit card offered by HDFC, India’s leading private sector bank. Here you will get all the relevant details on the HDFC MoneyBack Credit Card, its important features, benefits and offers available thereon.
HDFC MoneyBack Card, as the name itself suggests, has been designed to return you a portion of the money you spend. So, the retail purchases made through this card can offer you a good deal of savings as well. The cashback you get is in the form of numerous reward points that can be redeemed for an exclusive range of gifts, satisfying your further shopping needs.
This HDFC MoneyBack credit card seems to be a good choice for salaried individuals who look for a decent card to meet their everyday spending requirements. Moreover, if you can grab the fee reversal benefit, this turns out to be a free credit card. Now, that’s so cool!
HDFC Money Back Credit Card : Key Features
1. First Year Fee : The fee for this card might vary from one applicant to another. The same shall be communicated at the time of applying for this card. You must clarify this beforehand to avoid any confusions.
You can enjoy Fee reversal if :
- First Year fee reversal : If you spend Rs.10000 within a period of 90 days after receiving the card.
- Renewal fee reversal : If your annual spending exceeds Rs.50000 in the year prior to the renewal date.
2. MoneyBack Reward Programme :
- You can earn 2 reward points for every Rs.150 spent on your retail purchases.
- You enjoy 2x reward points on your online purchases. So, you can basically earn rewards on all your online spending. But, earlier you used to get 3x reward points on online spends, that was a big attraction.
- 100 reward points = Rs.20 cashback (This also used to be higher initially).
- You get rewards points on all kind of retail purchases except on fuel transactions.
- The accumulated points can be redeemed as cashback against the outstanding amount on your credit card.
- You can also convert your rewards into exciting gifts or air miles as provided in the rewards catalogue.
Important : Remember, your reward points are valid for a period of 2 years only from the accumulation date. So, don’t forget to redeem them and earn benefits in the said time period.
3. Fuel Surcharge Waiver : This can be availed upto a maximum of Rs.250 per billing cycle. Save upto Rs.1800 every year subject to applicable conditions.
4. Security features : HDFC MoneyBack card comes with an EMV chip technology thereby enhancing the safety of transactions done. You simply need to tap it against the machines. The online transactions have additional security feature including OTP generation.
5. Zero Liability on Loss of card : In case of loss or theft of card, you must immediately report it to the bank. This helps you save from any fraudulent activities through your credit card.
6. Interest free period : You also get to enjoy an interest free period of upto 50 days from the date of your purchase.
7. Revolving Credit : You can enjoy revolving credit at a nominal rate of interest.
HDFC Money Back Credit Card : Eligibility criteria
- For salaried individuals : 21 to 60 years
- For self-employed : 21 to 65 years
To conclude, overall HDFC MoneyBack Card is a good fit for regular shoppers that gives amazing cashback rewards to its users. Its major attraction is the Cash back and rewards feature that usually attracts a number of shopaholics towards this credit card.
Get Rewards for Everyday Shopping! Pay your Credit card dues on time and live a financially disciplined life.
Looking at the rewards and cashback features, HDFC Money Back card held a strong place in the list of best cashback credit cards in India. The reduction in reward points is surely a point of concern for HDFC MoneyBack credit card applicants and users.
Which is your favourite credit card? Have you used the HDFC MoneyBack Credit Card any of the HDFC credit cards? How was your experience using any of them? Do share your valuable feedback on the same.