Do you know how many stock exchanges are there in India? This sounds to be a very easy query. But, are you actually familiar with the list of stock exchanges in India in total? Let’s analyse this a bit!
Biggest Stock Exchanges in India
You might have read and heard about 2 popular and biggest stock exchanges in India:
- BSE or Bombay Stock Exchange
- NSE or National Stock Exchange
So, did you think that BSE and NSE are the only stock exchanges? If yes, you are probably mistaken.
List of Stock Exchanges in India:
Apart from the 2 large stock exchanges in India i.e. Bombay Stock Exchange Ltd. (BSE) and National Stock Exchange of India Ltd. (NSE) there are 4 other popular ones.
- Calcutta Stock Exchange Ltd.
- Metropolitan Stock Exchange of India Ltd. (Valid upto 15 Sep’20)
- India International Exchange Ltd. (India INX) (Valid upto 28 Dec’20)
- NSE IFSC Ltd. (Valid upto 28 May’21)
List of Commodity Exchanges in India:
When we talk of stocks, we do need to add details on commodities as well. So, here are the popular commodity exchanges listed in India:
- Indian Commodity Exchange Ltd.
- Multi Commodity Exchange of India Ltd.
- National Commodity and Derivatives Exchange Ltd.
It’s really crucial to gather information about stock exchanges before you step into trading. The companies and investors need to follow certain rules and regulations and do transactions accordingly.
You may also like to know What is Commodity Trading? Meaning, Types & How it Works?
Stock exchange is a place where investor buy and sell the shares of a company. Stock market is managed and regulated by the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI). No doubt, BSE and NSE are the biggest stock exchanges, but having an idea on others does help. Hey, did we miss any important name or detail? Do let us know and share your views also.